Numerous nutritionists claim that oatmeal is the best option for our breakfast, as it is a rich source of fiber and nutrients needed for the day. They are among the most nutrient-dense foods we can consume, being full of antioxidant plant compounds, minerals, and vitamins.
Let’s take a look at the impressive nutritional profile of half a cup of dry oats:
Manganese: 191% of the RDI
Phosphorus: 41% of the RDI
Magnesium: 34% of the RDI
Copper: 24% of the RDI
Iron: 20% of the RDI
Zinc: 20% of the RDI
Folate: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 39% of the RDI
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 10% of the RDI,
As well as small amounts of potassium, calcium, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin B3 (niacin). Moreover, this comes with only 303 calories, but 51 grams of carbs, 13 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat and 8 grams of fiber.
Rolled oats are often the most popular choice since they are easily prepared and are higher in nutrients than instant oats.
The consumption of oats for breakfast helps digestion, boosts the energy levels, accelerates metabolism, and controls the appetite. Therefore, they are a delicious way to lose extra pounds.
Moreover, to avoid the morning rush, prepare them the night before, and eat them for breakfast!
Here are some tasty overnight oats recipes:
1. Nut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
½ cup of rolled oats
2 tablespoons of nut butter of choice
½ a ripe banana
½ a cup of almond milk
1 tablespoon of unsalted nuts
Pour the milk in a jar, add the nut butter, stir, and add the oats and the banana in thin slices. Stir again, close the jar, and refrigerate it. Add the almond milk in the morning, stir, and sprinkle with nuts.
2. Blueberry Walnuts Overnight Oats
½ cup of rolled oats
½ cup of frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
½ a cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts
In a Mason jar, mix the ingredients, stir well, and refrigerate the mixture. In the morning, add some coconut milk, and enjoy it!
3. Raspberry, Almond, and Coconut Overnight Oats
½ a cup of rolled oats
½ a cup of raspberries
1 teaspoon of raw honey
½ a cup of unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon of shredded coconut
½ a tablespoon of sliced almonds
1/8 teaspoon of almond extract
1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
In a glass Mason jar, mix the oats, milk, raspberries, cinnamon, extract, and raw honey, stir well, and close it. Leave it in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, just add the coconut and almonds. Stir again and enjoy!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.