A little sweet and a little sour, pomegranate juice is not only amazing for its taste but it also benefits our skin, hair, and overall health.The benefits of include slowing down the process of aging, preventing hair fall, and heart diseases, anemia, and ’s disease, improving digestion, strengthening bones, and maintaining blood sugar and levels. It also helps reduce the progress of prostate cancer cells, and protect arteries from clogging.
Pomegranate juice is made from pomegranate, a Middle Eastern fruit. Pomegranate contains a higher level ofthan other fruits, green tea as well as red wine. Daily consumption of pomegranate juice helps keep your heart protected because of its high concentration of antioxidants and high phenolic compounds.
Pomegranate juice is a good source of energy, dietary fiber, protein, and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, zinc, and sodium.It is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and has a moderate amount of vitamin E. The best thing about pomegranate juice is that it has 0 .
Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
The surprising health benefitsof pomegranate juice are listed below:
Pomegranate juice has anti-aging properties that help slow down the aging process, remove fine lines, and reduce wrinkles. It promotesof healthy skin cells, prevention of hyperpigmentation, and recurring dark spots.
Prevents Hair Fall
Regular consumption of pomegranate juice works wonder on your hair. It helps strengthen hair follicles resulting in reduced hair fall. This also makes your hair look healthy and lustrous.
Improves Heart Health
Pomegranate juice is also widely called as a ‘heart-healthy juice’. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice, especially, help in reducing bad cholesterol, preventing inflammation in the blood vessel lining, and lowering blockage risk in the arteries. Due to its ability to have the anti-atherogenic effect on the heart, this significantly reduces the possibility of causing an obstruction in the blood flow to the heart or brain. It also helps in increasing the amount of HDL, good cholesterol, required by our body.
Pomegranate juice is a good source of iron, therefore, it works in eliminating the iron deficiency in the body thus reducing the symptom of anemia. Being an extremely good source of vitamin K, pomegranate juice helps in blood clotting, and the folate in it is required for healthy red blood cell formation.
Aids in Digestion
A high amount of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber in pomegranate juice helps in improving digestion and regulating bowel movement. It aids in the smooth functioning of the stomach. It also helps in inducing hunger and controlling thirst. As it has no cholesterol or saturated fats, it can be the best summer drink that keeps your stomach and liver healthy.
Improves Bone Health
Pomegranate juice helps relieve the symptoms of bone inflammation, osteoporosis, and arthritis. It is also beneficial for patients suffering from a chronic condition likeas it works as an inhibitor of enzymes responsible for the breakdown of the joint’s cartilage.
Lowers Blood Pressure
As a part of a healthy diet, pomegranate juice can help lower blood pressure while preventing platelets from clumping together.The potassium present in pomegranate juice helps manage blood pressure.
Studies have shown that pomegranate juice can help prevent colon, lung, prostate, and breast cancer cells from growing. Drinking a glass of this juice daily can significantly slow down the progress of prostate cancer in men.The anti-oxidants present in this juice stimulate white blood cells and neutralize toxins in the body.
Pomegranate juice can help promote brain health. The punicalagin found in pomegranates can inhibit neuroinflammation responsible for damaging brain cells known as micrologia. These central nervous system immune cells are associated with Alzheimer’s disease.Also, high antioxidants in the juice, while protecting memory, help stop the progress of Alzheimer disease.
- Pomegranate juice is known for providing many health benefits but it may interfere with some prescribed medicines, especially the ones that are used for treating blood pressure, depression, and high cholesterol. Therefore, before consuming pomegranate juice, it is always better to consult your doctor.
- This juice has a high sugar content. Drinking pomegranate juice every day may increase blood sugar level in a diabetic patient. On the other side, studies have shown that daily consumption of pomegranate juice, in moderate amount, does not increase blood sugar level in diabetic patients, when compared with other fruits.
- People with asthma and certain plant allergies can show some allergic reaction to pomegranate juice, leading to difficulty in , vomiting, hives, and red itchy eyes.
- People suffering from influenza, constipation, and cough, and with a phlegmatic condition should also avoid consuming pomegranate juice.
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.