Depression affects millions of people worldwide and it is estimated that 6.7% of Americans over the age of 18 will be affected by a major depressive disorder this year.
Many of these people turn to prescription medication like Prozac, an oral drug used to treat bulimia, panic disorder, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Yet, its use leads to numerous side effects, such as:
- Weight changes
- Increased appetite
- A dry mouth
- cold symptoms like stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat
- sleep problems
- drowsiness, dizziness, feeling nervous
- mild nausea, upset stomach, constipation
- low sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm
In most severe cases, the side effects of Prozac include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady
- severe skin reactions, skin pain, skin rashes, fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes,
- very stiff (rigid) muscles, tremors, sweating, high fever, fast or uneven heartbeat, overactive reflexes;
- A headache, weakness, seizures, confusion, trouble concentrating, memory problems, hallucinations, fainting, shallow breathing or breathing that stops;
Fortunately, there is a perfectly effective natural alternative to Prozac-cashews!
“As it turns out, cashews contain niacin and tryptophan, and, according to some, two handfuls of cashews contain a “therapeutic amount” of tryptophan, enough to alter and elevate your mood. The real measurement, apparently, is three and a half ounces of cashews, about a one-half cup, which provides approximately 470 mg of tryptophan. “
Cashews are a delicious way to fight depression in a natural way and boost overall health in numerous ways.
They have an impressive nutritional profile, and as reported by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, 1 ounce of raw cashews (28.35 grams) contains:
- 157 calories
- 12.43 g of total fat
- 8.56 grams (g) of carbohydrate
- 1.68 g of sugar
- 0.9 g of fiber
- 10 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 1.89 mg of iron
- 187 mg of potassium
- 168 mg of phosphorus
- 83 mg of magnesium
- 5.17 g of protein
- 3 mg of sodium
- 1.64 mg of zinc
Cashews are also a rich source of vitamins B and C, including 7 micrograms (mcg) of DFE folate, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
They regulate diabetes, improve the function of the muscles and nerves, treat anemia, boost heart and bone health, prevent gallstones, and improve oral health. The high antioxidant content strengthens the immune system and helps the formation of red blood cells.
Therefore, incorporate cashews into your daily diet and you will experience amazing health improvements!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.